Character Creation Goals

Post subject: Character Creation Goals
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:01 pm 
Universal Ascension: Posts 5000+ Artist: Gold (Creator of 5+ Works of Art) Storyteller of Unearthed: Season 2
Storyteller of Dwelling in Darkness: Miniseries Storyteller of Return to the Tomb of Five Corners: Miniseries Storyteller of Fortress Washington: Season 1
Cast of Forbidden: Season 1 Cast of Dead Awake: Season 1 Cast of Edgewood: Season 1

Okay everyone, we want to be able to keep the momentum going and get this game rolling, but to do that we actually have to create our characters at some point. I want to make that as easy as possible for you. With that in mind, I hereby set our first character creation goal!

Goal #1: Attributes and Abilities

Due: Saturday, December 10

Goal #1 Complete

Details: All we want to do here at the start is to prioritize and assign your Attribute and Abilities dots given in Steps 2 and 3 of Character Creation (pages 121-123 of the core book). Also, at this time please fill in your character sheets with your concept and other information listed at the top of the sheet. Remember that we're not spending bonus points right now, we're just assigning the base amount of Attributes and Abilities that you get in Steps 2 and 3.

Goal #2: Specialties and Merits

Due: Monday, December 12

Goal #2 Complete

Most of you have already either done this, or have at least begun. Again, we're not quite to the Bonus Points stage yet, but you do want to be thinking ahead. This is the last part of Step 3 along with all of Step 4 of Character Creation (pages 122-123).

Goal #3: Charms

Due: Saturday, December 17
I understand that the Charms chapter is enormous, and that this task can seem very daunting. I would encourage you to focus your efforts on two or three different Abilities that really help flesh out your Concept. Browse through the Charms instead of reading every single one. Spend most of your choices in your Supernal Ability to get the most bang for your buck. When you do so, Charm prerequisites will guide most of your choices anyway. I just went through this process again with Gausse, and it wasn't all that bad. It's actually quite fun. And remember that we can always change these after we do some testing and you realize that something you chose isn't working out like you hoped. Good luck!

Goal #4: Bonus Points, Intimacies and Finishing Touches

Due: Tuesday, December 20
I'd like to have everyone's character complete by this Tuesday. That gets all the work done before people start taking off for Christmas, and so hopefully we won't have anyone stop in the middle of character development and forget what all they've done. Also, for those will have a little extra time this Christmas, we can go ahead and work on some Preludes. Looks like we're getting real close now!

Last edited by PneumaPilot on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Added note about editing concept information.

Post subject: Re: Character Creation Goals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:43 am 
Universal Ascension: Posts 5000+ Artist: Gold (Creator of 5+ Works of Art) Storyteller of Unearthed: Season 2
Storyteller of Dwelling in Darkness: Miniseries Storyteller of Return to the Tomb of Five Corners: Miniseries Storyteller of Fortress Washington: Season 1
Cast of Forbidden: Season 1 Cast of Dead Awake: Season 1 Cast of Edgewood: Season 1

Looks like everyone made it through Goal 1 pretty well! The next goal is really easy, so start thinking ahead to Goal 3. I'm sure most of you are already anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:52 am 
Galactic Ascension: Posts 2500-4999 Cast of Unearthed: Season 2 Cast of Forbidden: Season 1
Cast of Dead Awake: Season 1 Cast of Edgewood: Season 1 Cast of Dwelling in Darkness: Miniseries
Cast of Return to the Tomb of Five Corners: Miniseries Cast of Fortress Washington: Season 1 Player of Kingmaker

I'll make sure to update my character forum sheet tonight. I already have attributes picked, as well as skills.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow us on Twitter! @deliberativepod
Follow us on Facebook.com/thedeliberativepodcast!
Follow us on the web at Fivepoles.com!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:09 am 

Goal #3 is now live! Let's keep moving forward and get these characters built out. We're almost there! Charms is the hardest, but it's also the most fun! Check out my advice above. It's not as daunting as you think!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:24 pm 

The final goal is up! Let's get these characters done so we can make a story!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:44 am 

Okay! Today's the day! How are we doing? Does everyone have characters pretty much done? If so, then we need to go ahead and get them entered into the character sheets. Also, if you haven't already, take a look at the character connections thread and decide how your character might or might not be related to the other characters. Don't be timid! A couple of folks have already given some decent hooks. Just grab one of those and use it!

I need to know the various characters are related to each other so I can build some decent Preludes for us. As I stated in another place, I want these Preludes to be mechanics-on. In other words, the rules are live in the Preludes. Previously we've more or less just role-played through them, but this time I want you to get a taste of the combat system. That way, if you do need to make last-minute changes to your Charm choices before the game goes live, you have the opportunity to do so.

Let's try to get all of these little details settled out by tonight so I can start a couple of the stories at least. The game is awesome, the setting is awesome, the new rules are awesome, and I think the overall story of Caldera is going to be awesome. Let's get it crunk!