Circle Coalescing Chat

Post subject: Circle Coalescing Chat
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:45 am 
Universal Ascension: Posts 5000+ Artist: Gold (Creator of 5+ Works of Art) Storyteller of Unearthed: Season 2
Storyteller of Dwelling in Darkness: Miniseries Storyteller of Return to the Tomb of Five Corners: Miniseries Storyteller of Fortress Washington: Season 1
Cast of Forbidden: Season 1 Cast of Dead Awake: Season 1 Cast of Edgewood: Season 1

I expect that with Christmas festivities in full swing, we will get a rather slow start on all of the Preludes that are just now going up - and at this moment we are still waiting on one more to get started. I don't plan on us getting through the Preludes in just a couple of days. I want these to be longer than usual, because I want to give you guys a chance to test out some of the new mechanics.

My plan, though, is for all of these individual stories to come together in one massive effort to save the town, and I would like for all of us to get together to decide what that's going to look like. This would be the perfect excuse to get all of us hooked up on Skype to discuss our characters and the story. My desire is to have the four of you decide together on what the most important part of the town would be to meet up and try to save. You will also have to all help me figure out how the four of you are going to 'click' together in that moment, essentially forming a Circle. Once we get that decided, we will know what Chapter 1 of the story proper is going to look like.

I know that everything is really busy right now. I literally have a dinner engagement with a different family every single night for the next few days. Things start to clear up for me on the 28th onward, though. Ya'll let me know when the crazy starts to settle down for you, and maybe we can come up with a good time to hang out online. I think it will be a lot of fun!

Post subject: Re: Circle Coalescing Chat
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:06 pm 
Universal Ascension: Posts 5000+ Artist: Gold (Creator of 5+ Works of Art) Storyteller of Unearthed: Season 2
Storyteller of Dwelling in Darkness: Miniseries Storyteller of Return to the Tomb of Five Corners: Miniseries Storyteller of Fortress Washington: Season 1
Cast of Forbidden: Season 1 Cast of Dead Awake: Season 1 Cast of Edgewood: Season 1

Here are the results of our Circle Coalescing Chat:
  • When I first set the timestamps for the Preludes, I did it arbitrarily. But now we have a ship exploding in Henko's Prelude, so I'm going to adjust the timestamps so that the explosion happens as Kaizuko is crossing the harbor in the lifeboat.
  • Kaizuko is going to change course to help rescue survivors of the explosion. In doing so, he will run into Henko, and he will be very much in Henko's debt for rescuing so many of his men.
  • Henko will need to then ask Kaizuko to help him save two people that he really cares about. Kaizuko will agree, sending his other men on to help the second ship - which is mostly now burnt to the waterline anyway.
  • Meanwhile, Eight and Zheng will each take care of a single act of heroism each - Zheng will rescue two kids, and Eight will get a chance to do something heroic also (tbd).
  • After those heroic acts, Zheng will start to 'power up' (anima flaring) as he jumps onto the roofs and begins pouring barrels of water, all the while directing the people in the street - Captain America-style - to form an orderly effort to put out the fires.
  • While Zheng is on the roof, he will see a massive swarm of the fire-locusts approaching, and will attempt to single-handedly battle them away like the below clip.
  • Eight will be nearby, and will immediately jump in to help.
  • At least Zheng's anima will now be at the bonfire level, serving as a beacon that will draw Henko and Kaizuko to come help with the massive swarm (this will be after they take care of Henko's people).
  • This will then be where we stop the Preludes and begin Chapter 1 - with everyone in the same place about to combat the same threat.

It may seem like this list makes the Preludes too linear, as we already have the action mapped out, but these directions are just general. We want to end up all together trying to fight a big locust swarm (Jeff's amazing idea, by the way). This gives us a basic blueprint of how to get there. You are still completely free in your own Preludes to act however you like and drive the story. Just please try to drive it toward this common climax so we can start the game with all four characters in one place.

And here is the scene I referenced in the list above:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:15 pm 

We now have the explosion of the Foley Kew appearing in Kaizuko's story. I expect we can get the two of them together in the next couple of posts. I want to see Kaizuko's reaction to the explosion before I post a response to Henko's latest actions. I want to be able to describe in that next post what Henko may see of Kaizuko as he works to save the struggling man.

I also want Eight's story to catch up to Zheng's. I've set her up to encounter Zheng's bucket brigade in the street, and so she will end up being the first of the other three Solars to see Zheng go to the bonfire level of anima display. Right now, though, about three minutes separate those two storylines.

Once we can get Henko and Kaizuko on the same rhythm, we should be able to move that part of the story along quickly, and we'll move from there to Zheng's bonfire pretty soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:13 pm 

What I would like to do in the next couple of posts is to merge two sets of two characters into join prelude threads. Henko and Kaizuko are very nearly in a position to interact directly with one another. When that starts, I would like to close their solo threads and make a joint one. Likewise, when Eight and Zheng finally cross paths, I would like to close both of their solo threads and make a joint one.

Try to steer things in this direction, would you kindly. (intentional Bioshock reference)