Chapter 2 Goals

Post subject: Chapter 2 Goals
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:02 pm 
Universal Ascension: Posts 5000+ Artist: Gold (Creator of 5+ Works of Art) Storyteller of Unearthed: Season 2
Storyteller of Dwelling in Darkness: Miniseries Storyteller of Return to the Tomb of Five Corners: Miniseries Storyteller of Fortress Washington: Season 1
Cast of Forbidden: Season 1 Cast of Dead Awake: Season 1 Cast of Edgewood: Season 1

I know that I started out Chapter 2 with a dice roll, but this is really a time to catch your breath and interact with the other characters. You are all four finally together, so this is a great time for a little conversation - as well as trying to digest and figure out what's happening.

Ideally, I would like for the players to carry the scene here for a little while, but I will of course step in to move the action. I guess I'm just saying that it's okay to take a breather and interact with one another for the sake of the story.

Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 Goals
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:13 am 
Universal Ascension: Posts 5000+ Artist: Gold (Creator of 5+ Works of Art) Storyteller of Unearthed: Season 2
Storyteller of Dwelling in Darkness: Miniseries Storyteller of Return to the Tomb of Five Corners: Miniseries Storyteller of Fortress Washington: Season 1
Cast of Forbidden: Season 1 Cast of Dead Awake: Season 1 Cast of Edgewood: Season 1

Okay, so Charles’ character has run off - which makes sense for his character, so I’m not complaining - but this forces some adaptation. Do we need to split into individual threads again?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:52 am 
Galactic Ascension: Posts 2500-4999 Cast of Unearthed: Season 2 Cast of Forbidden: Season 1
Cast of Dead Awake: Season 1 Cast of Edgewood: Season 1 Cast of Dwelling in Darkness: Miniseries
Cast of Return to the Tomb of Five Corners: Miniseries Cast of Fortress Washington: Season 1 Player of Kingmaker

Shoot. You can undo that if need be. it's not a big deal. I just went where I thought it would naturally go. But I can RP it differently.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow us on Twitter! @deliberativepod
Follow us on Facebook.com/thedeliberativepodcast!
Follow us on the web at Fivepoles.com!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:36 am 
Galactic Ascension: Posts 2500-4999 Artist: Bronze (Creator of 1-2 Works of Art) Storyteller of Edgewood: Season 1
Cast of Unearthed: Season 2 Cast of Forbidden: Season 1 Cast of Dead Awake: Season 1
Cast of Dwelling in Darkness: Miniseries Cast of Return to the Tomb of Five Corners: Miniseries Player of Kingmaker

I think this would be a good time to kind of agree to handling this problem. Then if you say "My studio!" We would move with you as a group. But the way it is now, Kaizuko posed the question, "Hey are we doing this, taking on a god of the island and going to straighten him out?" then Eight ran off on her own. Which is fine if that's what she would do and we can still do that, but I think we should take this quick second to reaffirm that we are all in this mission and start working toward the same goal. Whether that goal be punch the island in the face or rescue the girls in the studio or check on Henko's family issues.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 am 
Galactic Ascension: Posts 2500-4999 Cast of Unearthed: Season 2 Cast of Forbidden: Season 1
Cast of Dead Awake: Season 1 Cast of Edgewood: Season 1 Cast of Dwelling in Darkness: Miniseries
Cast of Return to the Tomb of Five Corners: Miniseries Cast of Fortress Washington: Season 1 Player of Kingmaker

Agreed. I see now how that could've been handled better, and will do that in the future. Corey, is it possible for some of us to have editing privileges? That way we could fix our posts like this very easily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:40 am 

Whenever you want to fix something, just post it again with the changes, and I'll delete the earlier one.

There are many reasons for not giving everyone editing privileges. One is the temptation of cheating dice rolls, but the bigger one is having several users who may be trying to edit or delete database entries (posts) at the same time. That could crash the website.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:57 am 

Okay. I think that Jim or I cheating is a foregone conclusion that we never would, but the crashing thing makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:33 am 

Never say never. The temptation can be very strong - especially when you throw everything into a roll and it comes up with 1 or 2 successes. I actually kind of like failure in RPGs, and I’m still tempted.