Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Chapter One: The Lost Girl

 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:11 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am
Posts: 80
In summary of positioning mid scene for all players: Talos is in the open being confronted by the bird warriors. Naxos and now Diamond Flow are slinking away to stealth ambush, and Verdant Thorn is as of yet unseen even as he makes some distressing realizations about the Dynasty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am 
Offline
Elder: Posts 200-269 Cast: Bronze (Cast of 1-2 Seasons)
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 am
Posts: 229
:talos:


Looking at the bird people he slowly takes off the back pack then unties the straps holding his swords putting them propped up in front of himself. Now I am not from the Realm. Let us talk I have some wine I wish to share with your great and mighty people. I hear you follow a great person. Am I correct in thinking this? I have come from far away and wish to speak about learning and following if you would have me? Talos stalls longer and try's to see what he can learn about them and there motives.

Read Intentions (-Intimacy- how they feel about who they serve-) 4m Loquacious Courtier Technique (2 auto successes)

Perception (2) + Socialize (5) - 3 group = 4 +2 successes (Appearance 5)

Rolling some dice:
4d10: 20 (4, 3, 3, 10)
+2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:05 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am
Posts: 80
You gain +2 Dice on top of those you just rolled from the appearance 5, however that roll and added sux beat their guile.

The group shifts awkwardly for a moment. "The Crimson Raptor is our god and our father and-" One of them ventures, with a hint of religious cadence in his voice that makes it sound like he's about to start a story. Most of the others listen appreciatively before one of them clangs the axe in his impossible wing-hand against a tree.

"If you want to proselytize do it on your own time! He's clearly lying about not being from the Realm, I can smell Dynast on him a mile away!"

Talos does gather that they have a strongly positive feeling about this god they worship, but also aren't so stupid as to fall for the most blatant lie this side of one of the many Imperial bed warmers insisting they're peers with Her Highness's official consorts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:09 pm 
Offline
Elder: Posts 200-269 Cast: Bronze (Cast of 1-2 Seasons)
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 am
Posts: 229
Talos

OK good sir how do I prove my worth to you that I want to learn. Also I say again I am not from the realm, but I did pass through there towns. Talos drops to his knees and put his hands out before him. O great Crimson Raptor hear me allow me to learn your ways and be a warrior for you. Help me prove my worth and allow me the strength to protect my friends and these fine people. Going back to on his knees then putting one foot on the ground the other knee down preparing to spring himself up if needed. So you would stop someone from joining you and learning your ways because you are scared and what would The Crimson Raptor think of this? What is the common way to solve these debates here? For I wish to learn and you sir wont allow me? Do we speak to a elder or what?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline
Elder: Posts 200-269 Cast: Bronze (Cast of 1-2 Seasons)
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 am
Posts: 229
Persuading them to allow me to me a chance to prove my self (guessing the roll right now I beleave its CHA + Persence)

Cha (1) + Per (1) + stunt 2 = 4

Rolling some dice:
4d10: 20 (4, 9, 4, 3)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am
Posts: 80
"He says he's here as a pilgrim, boss-"

"Then he can go wait with all the others in the temple. Come with us, stranger. Leave your blades where they are, they'll be taken and cared for. If what you say is true enough." The leader of these bird men is not buying this act, but at this point you guess that means...arrest?

Everyone else watching this go on, the birds begin to move to escort Talos into the wall city. Diamond Flow, the butterfly abandons Naxos and now rests on your head. It has no wisdom for you, but is a very pretty blue.

Talos, your one sux mechanically is enough when playing on their intimacy to their god to get you some benefit of the doubt but the leader clearly doesn't believe your lie. But you're at least being taken...to the other prisoners, so you know what? Maybe this is working out pretty alright.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm
Posts: 90
Diamond Flow watches all this with slow blinks of her eyes, wishing the air or stone or warmth of the sun or this butterfly would convey her thoughts to Talos across the distance. When the butterfly alights her head, she settles very, very still hoping its motions wont drawn attention to her.

What are you thinking Talos?!, she thinks to herself, projecting the thought vainly towards him. At this point, she glances at her other Hearthmates across the field and then back to Talos.

So she waits, until one of them attacks or they leave.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline
Blooded: Posts 20-49

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:35 pm
Posts: 27
Seeing no immediate violence, and having to refrain from laughing at that terrible attempt at lying, Naxos is at least pleased that they're going to take Talos away without further issue.

Using Wind-Carried Words Technique, he says to Diamond Flow: I'll try to find a side way in to look for our people. It doesn't seem like they're going to execute Talos just yet. Maybe this will be the distraction he wanted after all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 pm 
Offline
Blooded: Posts 20-49
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:08 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Seattle, WA
Verdant Thorn finally emerges from the forest's end as the Bird creatures depart with Talos. He rests calmly near Diamond Flow and extends his palm, as if signaling the butter to land there instead as a puff of smoke escapes his lips gently and his places his pipe in a holster.

As his palm is gently extended he reveals to the others, Diamond Flow and Naxos what he has learned from his deep meditation on the Bird Creature's and their culture.

"It seems Talos has pursued the path of peace," Verdant Thorn says with a sigh, "though what peace there is to be found I am not sure, nor am I sure that his choice was perhaps the most advantageous one. But alas, where Talos goes his Hearth will follow, weapons drawn and words un-yet spoken."

((Verdant Thorn is ready to move on, he is following Diamond Flow and Naxos.))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am
Posts: 80
Talos is escorted under armed guard to a steep, winding stair carved into the rock face. Its a fair ways up, but the guards aren't rushing him or being unnecessarily rough. The one who spoke for the group, feathered white and black and sharp beaked, leads the way. Many, many landings later the artfully decorated stairs that climb the rock face enter one of the many wide platforms that seem to make up the village. The locals, all avian beast men mostly of predatory look, stop their business to watch the procession go through. Talos is escorted to a heavy wooden door against one of the cavern walls and shown inside. And inside? About a dozen bedraggled looking Realm soldiers, a collection of art supplies (they have generously provided a pile of paper, charcoal, and dry ink sticks of a myriad of colors. Apparently the bird people believe in art. A lot.), and a snoozing woman with hair as white as a northern snowscape bundled up into a bun on her head. Your missing dynast! Good job team. Where the team is Talos. And the other team...

Well then. The other team. Everyone else, who wants to sneak in cautiously as Talos's support and rescue team? Show of hands!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:45 am 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm
Posts: 90
As they take Talos up, Diamond Flow circles back to Thorn and Naxos.

"Not a good situation. I'm thinking I can crawl along those stairs they used to get up there but what about you two?" she says, glancing back at the cliffside and traces a logical route to follow. "At the very least, we can start the fighting knowing they can't take our people hostage if we manage to get in. I'm going to keep my eyes open for any loose weapons so we can arm our people if it comes to it."

"By the way, that was a nice trice with the wind there Naxos. Would it be a good idea keep Talos updated on our movements out here?" She says as she starts moving away. "I know you'll make the right call with it."

And then she slips away, back into the brush as she uses the commotion of Talos's "capture" to move to the stairs. At first, she walks along them normally, unless she comes near any guards looking that way. In that case, she will slip off the side of the stairs and hang from their edge, clinging to the bottom of the stairs by her fingertips like an albino dragon-lizard waiting to ambush. Moving with cautious slowness as she rolls around the side and climbs back up past them.

Stealth 3 + Dexterity 5 + Stunt 2 = 10 dice

Rolling some dice:
10d10: 45 (2, 6, 6, 2, 4, 5, 2, 10, 1, 7)


Athletics 5 + Dexterity 5 + Stunt 2 + City Running Specialty 1 + Effortlessly Raising Flame 3 auto successes = 13 dice, 3 auto successes

Rolling some dice:
13d10: 68 (8, 7, 1, 10, 7, 7, 9, 2, 2, 1, 5, 8, 1)


For every 10 here, I roll a non-Charm bonus die.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:45 am 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm
Posts: 90
Bonus die:

Rolling some dice:
1d10: 5 (5)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline
Elder: Posts 200-269 Cast: Bronze (Cast of 1-2 Seasons)
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 am
Posts: 229
Talos

So please tell me about your people, laws, and culture. I would like to know what it would take to become a civilian of your great people. While asking this question Talos looks at all the building around him and anything that might help him arm the others with him if needed. Though he hopes he will not need a weapon and he might talk or challenge someone for his freedom and not have to kill anyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am
Posts: 80
Talos: "Talk to the priests, Dynast." The bird men slam the door to the comfortable prison.

The soldiers inside glance up at the noise. "Oh no, they got another one?" One of the women, looking in her early middle age and probably the senior officer pulls herself out of her corner. "Who are you, stranger? What's your House?"

Diamond Flow: Your feat of climbing derring do sees you creep along the stairs one hand hold at a time, higher and higher, and then at the top quickly vanish onto the rooftops of the small cavern. You see the structure built into the cavern wall that Talos is escorted into, and...you think the house you're on top of has some bread baking in the stone oven at its rear and it smells very nice and this is entirely off topic.

She knows where they're stashing Talos now. And presumably the others? You hope the others. Getting through the community unseen will be a Dex+Stealth check however, now you've clambered your way in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm
Posts: 90
As Diamond Flow blends into the fabric of the community, she pushes up a hood on her ornamental gi and blends into the shadows. She keeps low and moves in quick bursts, alternating between breathless stillness and a quick, hopefully unseen, flurry of motion. As she moves, she picks out the movements of the community and picks out what the most common people may wear.

In her darting motions, she passes through a home where she filches some clothing and some ornamental feathers. She spends a few tense minutes assembling her disguise by donning the local clothing and poking the feathers around her hood to suggest plumage hidden within her hood. To complete the disguise, she adds a few more around the cuffs of the long sleeved local clothing, again suggesting plumage hidden by her sleeves.

Disguise set, she still mostly keeps to the shadows. She doesn't expect the disguise to hold up against focused scrutiny but she hopes that if she's seen, it will read as a local acting oddly and not as an invader come to release their captives.

Either way, she works her way closer to where she saw Talos being escorted as she shadows through the city.

Stealth:

Stealth 3 + Dexterity 5 + Stunt 2 + Willpower 1 AS = 10 dice, 1 AS

Rolling some dice:
10d10: 56 (4, 3, 1, 7, 6, 4, 10, 10, 5, 6)


Stealing the Stuff:
Larceny 3 + Dexterity 5 + Stunt 2 = 10 dice

Rolling some dice:
10d10: 54 (5, 4, 7, 6, 4, 6, 4, 8, 7, 3)


Making the Disguise:

Larceny 3 + Intelligence 1 + Stunt 2 = 6 dice

Rolling some dice:
6d10: 41 (7, 10, 5, 1, 10, 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
CoDFaction.com Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net
Some materials Copyright and Trademarked by Onyx Path PublishingSome materials Copyright and Trademarked by Onyx Path Publishing
Some materials Copyright and Trademarked by Onyx Path Publishing