Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Chapter One: The Lost Girl

 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:51 pm 
Offline
Elder: Posts 200-269 Cast: Bronze (Cast of 1-2 Seasons)
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 am
Posts: 233
Talos

My name is Talos and I am from the order, also I was coming to learn about these people. The Diamond was wondering where you went off to. Also I wish these guards would get the priest or priests. It's so rude how these guards treat men who wish to follow The Crimson Raptor. I guess I will have to let him know which guards are so rude and down right disrespectful. I wonder what the raptor will do then...… O well I guess we shall wait and see, I hope its wont be as bad as the storys I have heard about but I really don't know.
Talos waits to see if he can make a guard mad enough to enter the room or fearful enough to let him out. Keeping the right amount of calm to himself to show hes not scared one bit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:53 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am
Posts: 86
Talos: The door remains resolutely shut. "Dynast, they can't hear you. Or at least they don't care." The officer comes up to stand next to him. "You just got caught? They're probably off telling the priests that you're here, who will then tell their bird god, who will then tell them to keep you locked up with us until it decides we're worth its time." She rests a hand on Talos's shoulder. "I'm Retefa, and while our glorious leader is indisposed I'm in charge of our group."

The sleeping woman with white hair you assume to be V'Neef Taban is now snoring gently. If by 'indisposed' this woman means 'clearly taking a nice nap' you guess she is.

Diamond Flow: The door is guarded on the outside by a pair of raptors, positioned somewhat away from the door. Clearly they know enough about Dragon-Blooded to fear an explosive break out attempt though the door that is set into the wall is heavy and wood and banded thickly about with iron. Nobody is giving her a second glance in her disguise, and she begins to realize she might look like a homeless member of their culture as bedraggled her her improvised plumage is. Well, all the more effective camo at least.

Verdant Thorn and Naxos: You...guys waiting on this to resolve or just haven't been posting much? I'm just wanting to assess if we're moving too fast for you guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
Blooded: Posts 20-49
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:08 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Seattle, WA
Verdant Thorn has followed Diamond Flow as far as he could before having to rely on his ability to sneak around unnoticed ((I have 0 dots in Stealth, but 5 in Dex)), after all, that's what the Emerald Dream is for, attacking from afar, striking like the razor sharp winds of a winter gust.

He informs Naxos only that he plans to meet the priests himself, he seeks to end this with as little need for blood as possible. Naxos is welcome by Thorn's side but only if he behaves and acts accordingly, and Thorn makes this request very clear.

After speaking with Naxos he moves closer to the ruins of the city and carefully inspects the structures, symbols, and artwork around him. An emerald light shines dimly in his eyes as he blows out a puff of violet smoke and it whisks around him before spreading out in all directions. This purple mist like a miasma attaches itself to objects of importance nearby before fading away.

((Using Careful Insight-Gathering Study, rolling Lore + Perception, and spending 4 peri motes for 2 successes.))
5 Lore + 5 Perception + 2 stunt die + 2 successes

Rolling some dice...
Rolling some dice:
12d10: 72 (8, 10, 10, 4, 6, 10, 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 1)


Depending on what Thorn gathers he carefully and cautiously makes his way toward what he believes is the religious and spiritual center of this aven-like empire. He adheres to all social and cultural regiments and etiquette making no attempt toward violence and walking with his staff placed down carefully with each step. He also keeps a careful eye open for any of their kind that appear wounded, for he knows the best way to appeal to an enemies heart and show neutrality, is through the mending of their sick.

He knows he is in enemy territory or at least hostile territory, but finding the spiritual heart of this place is the best way he believes in his mind to help his Hearth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm
Posts: 97
Meanwhile, Diamond Flow bides her time and watches the guards as she settles into the act of bedraggled bird-woman. She sticks around for a spell, watching for changes in the guard or any alternative entrances. With only subtle shifts of her eyes, she takes in the mood of the street and whatever else can glean from her time there. She itches to just walk up and destroy them, but bides her time. No good will come from bringing the whole city on their heads. She moves in a huddled shuffle, settling down for periods of time slumped against a building. She's going for hopeless and listless here, and not showing any signs of immediate distress that might attract unwanted aid.

At one point, she also settles to watch the guards and scope out of the street. Is it untrafficked enough that she could ambush them without raising the alarm?

A bit later, she leans on the same building down the way a bit, tucking her hand behind her back as she leans there, trying to see if she hear anything through the stone's subtle vibrations. She concentrates, extending her hearing into the room beyond the wall to see if she can pick anything up.

Casing the building:
Investigation 0 + Perception 4 + Stunt 2 = 6 dice

Rolling some dice:
6d10: 31 (7, 10, 4, 3, 2, 5)


Listening into the building with Deep Listening Palm:
Awareness 5 + Perception 4 + Stunt 2 = 11 dice

Rolling some dice:
11d10: 67 (3, 7, 3, 5, 9, 10, 8, 4, 10, 4, 4)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:21 pm 
Offline
Blooded: Posts 20-49

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:35 pm
Posts: 28
"Yes, I could inform him. Of course, even the invisible moth must flap its wings, and alert those with keen hearing though sight cannot detect it." He pauses. "In other words, it uses Essence, and I only have so much, of course. I really should show the both of you how to throw your voices like this as soon as we get back, it's an invaluable technique."

With that, Naxos blends into the shadows with the stirrings of a slight breeze, his robes seemingly the color of the cliffs and buildings on them. He moves from shadow to shadow, careful not to be viewable from the vantage of the open sky, and takes opportunities to eavesdrop on what is going on, hopefully catching snippets about weird new prisoners.

Rolling Dex + Stealth 9 + 2 stunt +1 sux from Excellency.
Rolling some dice:
11d10: 56 (10, 1, 3, 10, 5, 5, 7, 10, 1, 1, 3)


Rolling Per + Awareness 7 + Hearing Specialty 1 + 2 stunt.
Rolling some dice:
10d10: 63 (2, 10, 8, 9, 1, 10, 8, 9, 3, 3)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:37 pm 
Offline
Elder: Posts 200-269 Cast: Bronze (Cast of 1-2 Seasons)
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 am
Posts: 233
Talos

Looking at the officer who came to him. Well wish to explain to me how your here while you wake her or I will wake her your choice. Talos says that as nice as he can but with authority. Also who here's a dragon blood if I am so lucky. he then thinks about how he can burn the door down but would there cell come apart on them and would they be choked out as well. Lastly I am from the order NOT A DYNAST. Talos trys to make sure he is known to be a monk of all things and he dose separate it from being from a dynast house thos he has loyalty to his old home.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:20 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am
Posts: 86
Naxos: Your spying and lurking in the avian city catches a fair amount of gossip. The Stone House, for that's what they call the prison that your companion was thrown into, is under armed guard at all hours and nobody comes or goes but the priests and food for the prisoners. The fact that another human, what looked like a Dragon-Blooded no less, was just politely marched through the city and tossed in is causing wide spread chatter as people ponder what that means. The one core theme you pick ip though? Fear. The Realm has reoccupied the Caul for centuries, and even though you're on the back foot now the locals know it is probably only a matter of time before the cudgel of the Legions swing back against the Moon-gods and their armies. The People of the Raptor have remained out of your wars for a long time, but the appearance of outsiders in what they view as their territory is raising hackles.


Diamond Flow: The street isn't exactly unused, but the guards and the structure Talos was marched into are given a fairly wide berth. That might be something you can utilize...

And as for your spying through the stone from your position? Diamond Flow is now eaves dropping on the conversation with Talos.

Also, a small bird child gives you a polished coin that appears carved out of oyster shell before dashing off again. Alms for the poor?

Talos: The woman throws her hands up. "I didn't know! Not all monks are Lost Eggs, patience my friend patience. We were Taban's protection for her research, mostly against jungle beasts. These feathered fiends got us all at night, came in through the jungle and picked people up to fly off. Not much an average soldier can do against a bird monster that has you in their creepy foot talons sixty feet off the ground. They dumped us in here and we've been periodically getting visits from some of their religious leaders or something. They only speak Old Realm, so only Taban can talk to them. They're asking what we were doing in their sacred nesting ground, and seem pretty damn convinced we're an advanced expeditionary force from the Legions."

Verdant Thorn: You...correctly identify the temple of these people, rising high in the city cavern. A rocky hill in the center-rear of this place, with a walled structure atop it circling a blood red step pyramid. Even in daytime it is lit by burning torches and braziers, so far back in the cave as it is the natural light doesn't shine upon it. You also only make it about three streets after you break your cover before the armed avian warriors are circling high overhead. "Another one! Another human! Surrender, invader!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:29 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm
Posts: 97
Diamond Flow continues to listen in for now, her palm remaining pressed to the wall behind her back. When the child hands her a coin she takes it with greedy desperation she imagines a beggar would have before tucking the coin up her sleeve.

She glances at the girl, trying to get a sense of her aims as she splits her attention to listening to the unfolding conversation. Some part of her is surprised a community this small would have a large enough population uncared for for it allow her to pass for one of them. Perhaps she shouldn't be. Ultimately, she hopes that by making the interaction uneventful she'll continue on her way.


Read Intentions - Mainly looking to make sure this interaction was just a child being kindly and not anything else.

Socialize 4 + Perception 4 + Stunt 2 = 10 dice

Rolling some dice:
10d10: 51 (1, 7, 3, 10, 4, 3, 3, 4, 9, 7)


If the girl tries to do a read intentions on her, she wont raise her Guile. (I doubt she will, but stating so will help keep things moving.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
Blooded: Posts 20-49

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:35 pm
Posts: 28
"I found where Talos is. The Stone House. The people here are afraid they will be invaded soon. They have been neutral in the war but think they cannot remain so when the Legions return in force and they think the group they found and Talos are the harbingers of that. I'm going to find the place," Naxos whispers his message to the friendly breeze twice, sending it to Verdant Thorn and Diamond Flow. He then pauses from his place of concealment, looking for anyone dressed as guards and hoping that he can trace their paths to this prison.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline
Elder: Posts 200-269 Cast: Bronze (Cast of 1-2 Seasons)
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 am
Posts: 233
Talos

Whos your commanding officer and who was on watch. Also why is he not awake. Talos stops speaking to her and walks to the sleeping woman. taking a knee he uses his right hand to gently shake her shoulder to wake her. Hello mam I am sorry to wake you hun. But I must ask what have the bird priests told you also Diamond Flow says hello, also good morning.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:42 pm 
Offline
Blooded: Posts 20-49
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:08 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Seattle, WA
Thorn looks up to the guards, his walking staff firmly by his side. He breathes out one last puff of violet smoke which swirls around him, some of the moss growing on the Emerald Dream absorbs it as it passes by. A gentle smile comes to his face as he hears Naxos' whispered words.

Thorn speaks in the language of the old realm, "Greetings, my name is V'neef Verdant Thorn, I am no enemy, nor do I have any intent to resist or fight back, I was simply here to offer my prayers to the God within the temple and to speak with the priest so that I may be enlightened," he says calmly as he looks up to the towering bird-like soldiers gathering near him.

As he speaks he carefully reveals some herbal offerings in his palm, the rarest ones from his collection.

"It is true I have arrived with others, but perhaps you would offer me a chance to explain our presence? I can assure you it is not aligned with the hostile intentions you may have experienced from others in the past," Thorn speaks after he reveals his offering.

In all his conversing he is sure to keep their local customs and social niceties in mind, acting as they act, and moving his body as they would move.

((Rolling Socialize (2) + Charisma (5) + Stunt (2) = 9 die))

Rolling some dice...
[roll]9d10[/roll]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline
Blooded: Posts 20-49
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:08 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Seattle, WA
Rolling some dice:
9d10: 47 (10, 5, 2, 3, 3, 3, 8, 8, 5)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:34 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am
Posts: 86
Diamond Flow: No it seems like a child just gave you her tiny savings out of the kindness of her heart. Your continued ruse seems to be working though as nobody else pays you any mind. The conversation with Talos continues, overheard via your primordial mastery of the elements....


Talos: "I am the commanding officer, and our watch was-Wait, you can't wake Taban!"

Taban meanwhile is much less uptight about this, dozily rising up and scratching her head. "Mmm? Is it already time for the old-Oh hello! A new friend!" She beams at Talos. "Did the raptors get you too? Aren't they fascinating?"


Naxos: You do see what you think are some guards, but as you follow them from your place of concealment through the city you find they're not going to the prison...they're going to Verdant Thorn who is apparently proclaiming himself in the dead center of the street, halfway to the temple. Is today 'surrender to the birds' day and nobody told you?!


Verdant Thorn: The armed circle around you is growing in numbers and amount of weapons aimed at your face. One of the warriors, the red-brown leader you recognize from Talos' surrender looks about ready to charge you as he speaks: "Oh yes, because the other one we just captured was so earnest too. It is just Dragon-Blooded coming out of the woodwork tonight, like maggots from a too long left hunt. No, you sir are going to go with us and-"

He's cut off by an echoing shriek from the temple, loud and keening. Then after a moment of silence it comes again.

"I...stand corrected. Our master summons you. And the captive Exalted. Fine, new plan, you go with us under guard to the temple and nobody gets their pinions plucked, clear?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 am 
Offline
Blooded: Posts 20-49
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:08 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Seattle, WA
Verdant Thorn smiles as the shriek fades.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling," Thorn says calmly as he is surrendering to the armed guards. He lays down his staff, "Please treat this staff with care, the great spirits of the Earth are fond of it."

"Also, would you mind terribly if I smoked from my pipe as we walked, I find it is best to enjoy these experiences when one is more connected to the realm beyond our own," Thorn asks politely as he motions toward the temple.

((No rolls from me, I am willing to go with them w.o resistance.))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter One: The Lost Girl
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline
Zombie: Posts 50-99
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm
Posts: 97
Diamond Flow is getting antsy.

The finger she uses to listen into the room beyond taps against the wall as she considers the situation. With her her fingers gently trailing to wall to maintain her connection into the room beyond, she walks around the building, looking for any new entrances - windows, trapdoors, other doors, secret entrances - anything to keep herself from doing the stupid thing and storming the entrance herself. She almost wants to shout out to Naxos, 'THAT IS WHERE I AM!' but it wouldn't do any good. She's got to get him to show her that trick.

She takes a deep breath. Given the information Naxos shared, she has to play this right. Without the Legions, they need every ally they can get. Her fingers and knuckles tingle but she steadies herself. There's still plenty of chance for them to have to fight this thing out.

Awareness 5 + Perception 4 + Stunt 2 = 11 dice

Rolling some dice:
11d10: 59 (1, 5, 7, 6, 3, 10, 9, 6, 1, 9, 2)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
CoDFaction.com Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net
Some materials Copyright and Trademarked by Onyx Path PublishingSome materials Copyright and Trademarked by Onyx Path Publishing
Some materials Copyright and Trademarked by Onyx Path Publishing