Out of character chatter

Post subject: Out of character chatter
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:34 pm 
Zombie: Posts 50-99

This will be the main OOC room for just chit chatting and talking about the game on a meta level, unless someone has a topic they want to open side threads for.

So starting off this comment: I have honestly decided what I want to do this first adventure but want to double check one thing with you guys before I actually write a post up! I'm going to recognize some of the inherent foibles of PbP style play, namely the slow rate of play and ease of side tracking, and for this adventure and possibly later ones just drop you in hard in media res.

My plan so far is to open IC with framing of what's going on and the assumption that you know one another, are a Hearth, and are willingly here on the first adventure hook in at least. Its a bit more firm than I'm personally used to as a GM but I think its important to get focus early on in this game format.

Post subject: Re: Out of character chatter
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:57 pm 

I definitely like having a setup in media res. If we're going to start as an established Hearth though, maybe we want to lay down the vague outline of a past 1 and 2 adventures that we can make reference to to support whatever party dynamic begins to emerge in play.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:05 pm 
Blooded: Posts 20-49

Considering we're all either formally-trained monks, or trained in IMA even if we didn't go to the Cloister (and we all have IMA training regardless), I think those similarities make it pretty easy to figure out how we came together as a Hearth in the past before arriving on the Caul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:36 pm 

Did any of us not study at the Cloister? Because if not, you're right, that's the perfect place for us all to have met. And even then, most of us could have met there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:00 pm 
Elder: Posts 200-269 Cast: Bronze (Cast of 1-2 Seasons)

I studied there..... and most likely my character would be willing to do it if he figured this would help him rise in the immaculate order. See ya I can bite for the order or general politics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:34 pm 

Yeah that's an easy enough assumption to run with. I was busy dying of a cold this weekend so didn't get the introductory chapter started like I intended, instead favoring sitting under several blankets and playing videogames, but we are at least doing relevant stuff.

That being said I might just guilt my rear end into motivation and get that chapter 1 start post up tonight now dinner is cooking and I'm all awake after moving around a bunch.

Edit: Or I could deflate before the game I'm playing in tonight as a regularly scheduled thing even ends and go to bed. I'm going to finish what I have tomorrow and hit post though. It isn't ultra long or anything but I am not about to knock the last part out in a half asleep manner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:42 pm 

And first post is up! And apparently we don't have those sweet banner things for names yet. It is entirely possible I jumped the gun on that a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:09 am 

Possible. We still can't post in the character forums either.

Also seeing a weird issue when the Forum "light" for Lost World isn't showing new posts, which is weird.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:29 pm 

INTERESTING MY form didn't tell me we had new posts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:09 pm 

BlackPlague wrote:
INTERESTING MY form didn't tell me we had new posts

Our forum has like a locked main page or something though the sub forums aren't mostly which means the main page you have to notice the latest post changed I think. I check in on my phone when work is slow, like now, so I just page throug without looking too hard at alerts but I do hope we get standardized the form of the others in time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:54 pm 

well I came in like a wreaking ball

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:58 pm 

Maybe a little bit too strong! I'll let a few more people get a chance to propose a roll or get an action in then tonight or tomorrow answer them all in a big post, but you might have misunderstood the setup since some fair chunk of it was implied.

You guys are all coming in as a Hearth of sworn companions travelling together, and a few days out in the jungle foot travel from Faxai proper. So bursting in as a late comer doesn't quite work. I'll need to be more explicit on some basic scene setting stuff I think, I'm used to a bit of a faster back and forth of regularly scheduled play.

Good roll though and there's some juicy enough material to dig up with that, but context for coming into the scene is different than just bursting in if you want to edit that to fit the scene better

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:06 pm 

Yes sir I didn’t know how far out we truly where I took it like we were told and headed that way quickly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:20 pm 

It seems like we can't edit our posts in the Actual Play forum. Both Justin and I noticed this earlier today when we noticed small details/typos we wanted to fix but couldn't.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:27 pm 

Vejuz wrote:
It seems like we can't edit our posts in the Actual Play forum. Both Justin and I noticed this earlier today when we noticed small details/typos we wanted to fix but couldn't.

Huh. Nor can I. I was figuring maybe it was GM locked and I could edit posts with your permission but nope. In that case when minor goofs happen we'll just make do and move on while politely looking past hiccups then.

BlackPlague wrote:
Yes sir I didn’t know how far out we truly where I took it like we were told and headed that way quickly

Don't call me sir, I work for a living!

But referential jokes aside, I'll try and make things more explicit! I sometimes can't tell if I'm being clear enough in my descriptors! Which is what feedback in here is for.