Out of character chatter

Post subject: Re: Out of character chatter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:47 pm 
Zombie: Posts 50-99

Its no real biggie. I spent all weekend buried and ignoring responsibilities here and elsewhere, I've got a bit of posting to do tonight. The bird sees all. The bird knows all. Praise it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:25 pm 

Hey, just wanted to point out that Stunts are a way to raise your Guile. Stunts add their Stunt rating to Static stats, so a base stunt would add 1. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:33 pm 

Also, wouldn't Naxos get a Stealth bonus too? I established a disguise for him in a post on the last page to go with DFs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:36 pm 
Elder: Posts 200-269 Cast: Bronze (Cast of 1-2 Seasons)

ok yes my chr is doing some of what hes doing for personal gain but on a side note with what he dose and what he knows this is two fold. Yes it helps him but it also helps the bird people from being wiped out. The realm has a habit of killing or raiding whats not clamed by a family of marching on flowers you could say.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:55 am 

Vejuz wrote:
Also, wouldn't Naxos get a Stealth bonus too? I established a disguise for him in a post on the last page to go with DFs.

I genuinely forgot that which is way less forgivable than in a normal game where we have the logs here to peruse.

Also, hi from family vacation everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:48 am 

I feel like the way I've RPed Diamond Flow across this whole arc has implied she has an intimacy towards Taban. Would you mind if I added a tie of "V'neef Taban (Friendship)" to my sheet?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:53 pm 

Of course not. Also hello friends, I return alive from another week of work.

This marks a pretty good end point for the adventure 1 arc. Everyone gets 10 exp, and I'm going to probably do a pooled Dragon exp method of 'if I think enough people triggered it, everyone gets full 4 exp'. Which you did. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I'll also make an exp recording thread elsewhere just to log awards. I know we're a durned slow moving game, but its been fun so far. If everyone is still on board, I'm good to begin adventure the second posting this weekend before returning to the chilled embrace of the labor market. How has it been so far? Are people enjoying themselves? PbP isn't my native method of running an RPG and I know sluggish posting makes it hard to get invested sometimes, but this is a pretty fun casual play thing I'm finding.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:31 pm 

I've enjoyed myself with it! I really like your Storytelling style Alph and the way you inject little bits of humor in your descriptions. I think the only point I was displeased is when Diamond Flow wasn't really doing anything, and that was nobody's fault but my own. Turns out rolling really well on disguise can be a setup for being really passive in the game. xD

Wouldn't that be 8 Dragonblood EXP though? Normal session EXP is 5, so if you're giving us double EXP, wouldn't it make sense to give us double Dragonblood EXP? Either way I'm good, just posing the question.

On a more serious note, I'm really concerned about continuing to run this game on Deep Wyld. The writing is more or less on the wall - this place is dead or in it's death throws. We're the only active game and we're not even fully setup in terms of forum permissions. I'm really worried that one day I'll hit the link to these forums and I'll get a 404.

I have a lot of experience running games in Discord now, and I'd be happy to setup a Discord for us. It would have much better mobile support, a better dice roller and it would be much easier to search past content. At the very least, it would be great to have your and Naxos' Discord or e-mail so that if this place does go down, we can stay in contact. I already have Justin's and BlackPlague's Discord.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:48 pm 

sounds great to me I can make sure to be on it and if we can agree on a time we can talk and set it up

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 pm 

sorry I havnt been up to date had to live life and phone didn't tell me about any new posts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:52 pm 

I was speaking about a text-based Discord game BP. Just this except in a more stable location.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 am 
Blooded: Posts 20-49

+1 for Vejuz. I would really recommend a Discord type setting. It is very accessible for anyone, even to play while @ Work via phone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:02 pm 

Yeah, discord might be for the best. I'm on there most of the day, even if its literally just posting pictures of cats at friends when bored at work. I can't promise my ability to effectively post outside of weekends for this will radically improve, but I definitely can be more easily reached for just chatter and adjudication.

I'm Alpharius#8208 on discord, let's make the migration I think. Add me and we'll get a server together.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 pm 

Sounds good! I sent you a friend request Alph. I can start setting up the basic features of the Discord this weekend and invite everyone I have Discords for.